Drama | English, German, French with English subtitles | 153 minutes
SS-Standartenführer Hans Landa arrives at the remote dairy farm belonging to Perrier LaPadite.Unctuous and evil, Landa oozes politeness as he forces LaPadite to reveal where he is hiding a Jewish family. The storm troopers then shoot the family except for Shosanna Dreyfus, who manages to escape. Meanwhile, U.S. Lieutenant Aldo Raine recruits Jewish American soldiers into a commando unit called the Basterds. They operate behind enemy lines killing and scalping the Nazis they capture. In Paris, Shosanna and Marcel, her African-French lover and projectionist, manage a cinema. Goebbels has chosen Shosanna’s theater to screen a Nazi propaganda film. When Shosanna hears that Hitler and his top generals will be attending the screening, she and Marcel have an idea. They will set the theater on fire while the performance is on by lighting a match to the highly inflammable strips of film. This, they believe, will kill Hitler and his generals. Meanwhile, Landa captures Aldo and drives him to the American line. There Land hands a surprised Aldo his gun and surrenders.
Why Stream This Film?
- Rotten Tomatoes Score (Critics Consensus): 89%
- Metacritic Score: 69
- Academy Awards: Winner, Best Performance by an Actor in a Supporting Role (Christoph Waltz); Nominated, Best Film, Best Directing (Quentin Tarantino), Best Screenplay (Quentin Tarantino), Best Cinematography (Robert Richardson)
- BAFTA Awards: Winner, Best Supporting Actor (Christoph Waltz)
- Screen Actors Guild Awards: Winner, Best Actor in a Supporting Role (Christoph Waltz)
- National Board of Review: Listed, Top Ten Films of the Year
- New York Film Critics Circle Awards: Winner, Best Supporting Actor (Christophe Waltz); Nominated, Best Director (Quentin Tarantino), Best Screenplay (Quentin Tarantino)
Now streaming on:
It’s not enough to say that INGLOURIOUS BASTERDS is Quentin Tarantino’s best movie. It’s the first movie of his artistic maturity, the film his talent has been promising for more than 15 years. The picture contains all the things his fans like about Tarantino – the wit, the audacity, the sudden violence – but his movie’s emotional core and bigness of spirit are new.
Quentin Tarantino’s INGLOURIOUS BASTERDS is a bold, audacious war movie that will annoy some, startle others and demonstrates once again that he’s the real thing, a director of quixotic delights.”
YOU MIGHT ALSO CONSIDER:
Samuel Sayer and his sister Rose are British Methodist missionaries in the village of Kungdu in German-controlled East Africa…
Rahim is given a two-day leave from an Iranian debtor’s prison. Rahim borrowed money from a loan shark and was unable pay it back when it came due…
Vic Brown and Ingrid Rothwell work in the same Manchester factory. Vic finds Ingrid attractive and they meet…
If you found this site helpful, please recommend it to a friend. We also welcome your comments.
email@example.com / call 917-439-3364
P.O. Box 20038
New York, N.Y. 10075
Follow us on social media: