Never Rarely Sometimes Always
Drama | English | 101 minutes
Seventeen-year-old Autumn Callahan, living in a small town in Pennsylvania, finds out she’s pregnant. She is also aware she is not capable of being a mother at this time. She is unable to get an abortion in Pennsylvania without parental consent. Her cousin, Skylar, steals cash from the grocery store where they work, and accompanies Autumn to New York where an abortion can be performed without parental consent. On the bus to New York, they meet Jasper, a young man who is attracted to Skylar. Autumn is told at Planned Parenthood she’s 18 weeks pregnant. The second-trimester abortion is a two-day procedure. This will cost more than Autumn expected. Desperate, Skylar borrows money from Jasper. Autumn has the abortion. After she recovers, a shaken Autumn goes to a restaurant with Skylar. Skylar pumps Autumn with questions, but Autumn is reluctant to talk about it. They both ride home together, back to Pennsylvania.
Why Stream This Film?
- Rotten Tomatoes Score (Critics Consensus): 99%
- Metacritic Score: 91
- Berlin International Film Festival: Winner, Silver Berlin Bear Grand Jury Prize
- Boston Society of Film Critics: Winner, Best Actress (Sidney Flanagan)
- Chicago Film Critics Association Awards: Winner, Best Original Screenplay (Eliza Hittman); Best Actress (Sidney Flanagan)
- Chicago Film Critics Association Awards: Winner, Best Original Screenplay (Eliza Hittman); Most Promising Performer (Sidney Flanagan)
- New York Film Critics Circle Association Awards: Winner, Best Original Screenplay (Eliza Hittman); Best Actress (Sidney Flanagan)
Now streaming on:
A low-key knockout, NEVER RARELY SOMETIMES ALWAYS tells a seldom-told story about abortion. And it does so without cant, speeches, inflamed emotions and—most powerful—without apology.
YOU MIGHT ALSO CONSIDER:
Ray Kinsella lives on an Iowa farm with his wife Annie and daughter Karin. One day, while in the cornfield, Ray hears a voice telling him, “If you build it, he will come..”
Roy Hobbs is a young boy growing up in 1910s Nebraska. When lightning strikes a tree, splintering it, Roy carves a baseball bat from the tree trunk and burns into the bat the word “Wonderboy” into the bat…
The film, About Elly, begins when a group of three married couples, their three children, Ahmad, a recently divorced young man, and Elly, the attractive, single teacher…
If you found this site helpful, please recommend it to a friend. We also welcome your comments.
firstname.lastname@example.org / call 917-439-3364
P.O. Box 20038
New York, N.Y. 10075
Follow us on social media: