Baseball—Truly the National Pastime
“The one constant through all the years, Ray, has been baseball. America has rolled like an army of steamrollers. It has been erased like a blackboard, rebuilt and erased again. But baseball has marked the time. This field, this game: it’s a part of our past, Ray. It reminds us of all that once was good and that could be good again.”
James Earl Jones to Kevin Costner, Field of Dreams
It’s Spring. It’s the time of year for baseball, my favorite American sport. And we’ll finally have real people attending the games. To celebrate the occasion I’m recommending these fabulous baseball films. Each one of them is a home run!
Coming Soon, Can’t Wait
June 11, 2021: HBOMax. In the Heights
Opening TBD, 2021: Netflix. Diana: A Musical
Ten Endearing Quotes By Yogi Berra.
Yogi Berra was a Hall of Fame catcher for the New York Yankees. He was an 18-time All Star and appeared in 14 World Series, winning 10 of them. But his legacy might be better remembered for what he contributed to the American language. The favorite of sportswriters, Berra expressed countless statements that didn’t make sense but made Yogi Berra a lovable person.
Ten endearing examples:
1. You can observe a lot by just watching.
2. It ain’t over ’till it’s over.
3. No one goes there nowadays. It’s too crowded.
4. You better cut the pizza in four pieces because I’m not hungry enough to eat six.
5. Pair up in threes.
6. If you ask me anything I don’t know, I’m not going to answer.
7. I’m not going to buy my kids an encyclopedia. Let them walk to school like I did.
8. I’m a lucky guy and happy to be a Yankee. And I want to thank everyone for making this night necessary.
9. If I didn’t make it in baseball, I would not have made it workin’. I didn’t like to work.
10. The future ain’t what it used to be.
IN CASE YOU MISSED OUR OTHER RECOMMENDATIONS
YOU MIGHT ALSO CONSIDER:
Minghella was born on the Isle of Wright, an island off the south coast of England..
In the mid-20th century, many wonderful dancers appeared in films but, film critics and film historians, when challenged, almost unanimously, listed Fred Astaire and Gene Kelly…
Since our beginnings, the crux of American civilization has been the public school. In each community, the public schools bring together…
If you found this site helpful, please recommend it to a friend. We also welcome your comments.
email@example.com / call 917-439-3364
P.O. Box 20038
New York, N.Y. 10075