Silver Linings Playbook
Drama | English | 122 minutes
After eight months in a mental health facility, being treated for bipolar disorder, Patrizio “Pat” Solitano Jr. returns home to his family. Pat is also anxious to reconcile with his ex-wife, Nikki. She has moved away and obtained a restraining order. Pat’s parents, Pat Sr. and Dolores, struggle to keep their son stable and to control his anxieties. At a dinner party, Pat meets Tiffany, also troubled, and also searching for a better life. As Pat and Tiffany reach out to each other, they try to connect. Tiffany offers to deliver a note from Pat to Nikki and, in return, Pat agrees to be Tiffany’s partner in a forthcoming dance contest. Both are hoping to find that “silver lining.”
Why Stream This Film?
- Rotten Tomatoes Score (Critics Consensus): 92%
- Metacritic Score: 81
- Academy Awards: Nominated, Best Motion Picture; Best Director (David O. Russell); Best Performance by a Leading Actor (Bradley Cooper); Best Performance by a Leading Actress (Jennifer Lawrence); Best Performance by an Actor in a Supporting Role (Robert De Niro); Best Performance by an Actress in a Supporting Role (Jackie Weaver)
- Golden Globe Awards: Winner, Best Performance by an Actress in a Motion Picture – Comedy or Musical (Jennifer Lawrence); Nominated, Best Motion Picture – Comedy or Musical; Best Performance by an Actor in a Motion Picture – Comedy or Musical (Bradley Cooper); Best Screenplay, Motion Picture – Comedy or Musical (David O. Russell)
- AFI Awards: Winner, Best Movie of the Year
- National Board of Review: Winner, Best Actor (Bradley Cooper); Best Adapted Screenplay (David O. Russell)
Now streaming on:
Family nuttiness, football madness, romantic obsession, and cerifiable mental illness coexist happily in SILVER LININGS PLAYBOOK – a crazy beaut of a comedy that brims with generosity and manages to circumvent predictability at every turn.
SILVER LININGS PLAYBOOK is crammed with people talking and shouting and weeping and also yielding to what are sometimes called boundary issues but which here turn out to be the mad, loving scrambling of people finding and saving one another. These are characters who get in one another’s faces and occasionally punch a loved one right in the kisser. They must go on, they can’t go on, but together they do.
YOU MIGHT ALSO CONSIDER:
In 1987 Communist Romania, Otilia and Gabriela, two female college students, share a dorm room…
The film, About Elly, begins when a group of three married couples, their three children, Ahmad, a recently divorced young man, and Elly, the attractive, single teacher…
Samuel Sayer and his sister Rose are British Methodist missionaries in the village of Kungdu in German-controlled East Africa…
If you found this site helpful, please recommend it to a friend. We also welcome your comments.
email@example.com / call 917-439-3364
P.O. Box 20038
New York, N.Y. 10075